We have unlimited opportunity to publish content. And most coaches/consultants will tell you to post on social media 3 times a day, etc…
But if you don’t know who you are talking to and don’t know how to cut through the clutter and talk to your ideal clients pain points, you are going to get lost.
Let’s go back a sec…throwing up content does not work. Sorry to say. It just doesn’t. Here’s what works:
Pick a content type: audio, video, text, etc.
Find a platform: can be your blog/website, YouTube, iTunes for podcasts, social media, etc.
Delivery consistently over a long period of time (think 12-16 months).
I know, you want to throw something at me and tell me to fuck off. There are coaches you’ve talked to that have promised to help you with instant success. If you want to go down that road, go for it. Live on the edge. But sadly, that’s not reality for most.
But there is more….
Content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. And most people hate running marathons. (Well, there are some people who love that shit, I’m just not one of them) You as a business have to figure out what you want. You have to figure out what success looks like for you. Once you do you can start building the bridge to get yourself there.
So instead of always selling and promoting your products and services, try this:
- Take an audience first approach. Find out what your audience wants and talk to that. Talk about the pain points your clients have and help solve them.
- Focus on building out an email list. All CTA’s (Call to Action) should be to join your list.
- Be CONSISTENT
- Diversify –blogs/newsletters, webinars, live events, social media
- Create value before you sell.
- Be the leading expert in your niche. Tell a different story. Leverage your personality.
- Create loyal fans. (Highlight a different customer each week, or give away free stuff often)
If you want to dive deeper, please check out my 5-DAY EMAIL CRASH COURSE ON GETTING MORE CLIENTS.
This training will teach you what it takes to stand out and become successful in the online business world.